Virginia Department of Education
New Virginia is for Learners Website
The VDOE, local school divisions, and key partner organizations are working together on big changes that will connect the future of learning in the Commonwealth with the future of work around the globe. VirginiaIsForLearners.virginia.gov is the commonwealth’s commitment to making sure every public school student is ready to thrive after graduation.
Children's Mental Health Awareness Month
One in six children ages 2-8 have a diagnosed mental, behavioral, or developmental disorder. Visit the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services for resources and suggestions for celebrating throughout the month and Children’s Mental Health Day on May 6.
National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
#MoveInMay during National Fitness and Sports Month. Physical education provides students with the knowledge, processes, and skills to become physically educated, physically fit and responsible in their physical activity choices and behaviors for a lifetime. Get out, get active, and show how you play!
Featured Site Resources
News & Announcements
- May 16, 2019 – VDOE Approves VCU Career Switcher Program-This is a Word document.
- May 10, 2019 – 22 Virginia Teachers Earn College Board Scholarships for AP Summer Institutes-This is a Word document.
- April 29, 2019 – Governor Northam Announces ‘Virginia is for Learners’ Education Initiative
- Read all News Releases
Public Meeting & Public Comment Opportunities
- Through May 28: Guidelines for the Neighborhood Assistance Tax Credit Program for Education
- May 9, 14, 21, 24: Board of Education Focus Group Meetings - 2019 Draft Standards of Quality Proposals
- Through June 6: 2018 Science Standards of Learning Curriculum Framework
- Through June 12: Guidelines for the Education Improvement Scholarships Tax Credit Program