Virginia Department of Education
News & Announcements
- October 16 – Virginia Students Outscore Nation on ACT
- October 16 – Richmond Educator Named 2019 Virginia Teacher of the Year
- October 10 – Governor Northam Announces $3.75 Million Grant to Improve Learning in Schools Hit by Opioid Crisis
- October 5 – Northam Administration Announces New Members of School Readiness Committee
- October 4 – Commonwealth of Virginia and ACT to Launch Breakfast Pilot Program
- October 4 – Governor Northam Awards $6 Million in New School Security Equipment Grants
- Read all News Releases
2018-2019 School Accreditation
Virginia's new accreditation standards encourage continuous improvement for all schools. School Quality Profile reports show how schools performed on school quality indicators for academic achievement, achievement gaps and student engagement and outcomes.
Standards of Accreditation
Full text of 2017 SOA and communications resources on how the revised standards support continuous improvement for schools and college, career and civic readiness for students.
2019 Virginia Teacher of the Year
Rodney A. Robinson is the 2019 Virginia Teacher of the Year. Robinson is a 19-year veteran of Richmond Public Schools, and began teaching at Virgie Binford Education Center — a school inside the Richmond Juvenile Detention Center — in 2015.