Virginia Department of Education
News & Announcements
- December 18 – Governor Ralph Northam Unveils Budget Amendments for the 2018–2020 Biennium to the Joint Money Committees
- December 13 – Governor Northam Announces Budget Proposals to Add School Counselors and Improve School Safety
- December 11 – Governor Northam Announces Budget Proposals to Invest $268.7 Million in New Money for K-12 Education
- December 10 – Governor Northam Announces Third Round of Mixed-Delivery Preschool Grants
- December 6 – Two Virginia Divisions on Advanced Placement Honor Roll
- December 3 – Northam Administration Kicks Off Computer Science Education Week in Virginia
- Read all News Releases
2018-2019 School Accreditation
Virginia's new accreditation standards encourage continuous improvement for all schools. School Quality Profile reports show how schools performed on school quality indicators for academic achievement, achievement gaps and student engagement and outcomes. Learn more about 2018-2019 Accreditation Ratings.
Standards of Accreditation
Full text of 2017 SOA and communications resources on how the revised standards support continuous improvement for schools and college, career and civic readiness for students. Learn more about 2017 Standards of Accreditation.
Board of Education Annual Report
As required by the Code of Virginia, the Board of Education submits an annual report to the governor and General Assembly on the condition and needs of public education in Virginia. In addition to the needs of public education, the 2018 Annual Report-This is a Word document. provides a summary of achievement for Virginia’s students and schools and an update on progress towards the Board’s priorities and goals outlined in the Comprehensive Plan: 2018-2023.