Office of School Support services
A. K. (Vijay) Ramnarain – Director
Hunter L. Barnes
The mission of the Office of Support Services Pupil Transportation unit is to assist Virginia school divisions in providing safe and efficient transportation of students.
Goals of the unit include:
- Keep school divisions informed of State and Federal regulations impacting student transportation
- Provide updates to minimum school bus specifications and maintenance practices
- Certify school division driver trainers and provide minimum school bus driver training curriculum
- Maintain a database of VDOE certified school bus driver trainers
- Maintain a data base of school division transportation costs, mileages and school bus inventory
- Maintain a database of school bus accidents throughout Virginia
- Assist school divisions by performing pupil transportation operation assessments and efficiency reports
- With advice from the Medical Society of Virginia, provide minimal school bus driver health standards
For information, programs and services offered by this office, see:
Code of Virginia § 22.1-135 through 140.