COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
P.O. BOX 2120
RICHMOND, VIRGINIA 23218

 


SUPTS. MEMO NO. 148
August 4, 2000

INFORMATIONAL
 
TO: Division Superintendents
FROM: Jo Lynne DeMary
Superintendent of Public Instruction
SUBJECT: Final Title VI Entitlements for the 2000-2001 School Year

 
Virginia has received notification of the 2000-2001 grant award for Title VI – Innovative Education Program Strategies in the amount of $8,246,937. The 2000-2001 funds will be released to states in two phases. On July 3, 2000, 22 percent of the funds were made available to states and school divisions. The remaining 78 percent of the funds will be available on October 2, 2000. The attached table is a list by school division of the Title VI entitlements.

If you have not submitted your application for Title VI funds, you are encouraged to do so as soon as possible. The encumbrance date in a school division’s grant award letter cannot predate the receipt of the application in approvable form.

Questions regarding the attached entitlement table should be directed to Dianne B. Pollard ( mailto:dpollard@pen.k12.va.us ), specialist, Office of Compensatory Programs at (804) 371-7583.

JLD/DBP:cd

Attachment

/administrators/superintendents_memos/2000/inf148a.pdf

cc: Title VI Coordinators