COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 2120
RICHMOND,VIRGINIA 23218-2120
SUPTS. MEMO NO. 77
May 18, 2001
INFORMATIONAL
 
TO: Division Superintendents
FROM: Jo Lynne DeMary
Superintendent of Public Instruction
SUBJECT: 2001-2002 Final Entitlements for the Class Size Reduction Program (Federally Funded)

The Virginia Department of Education has been notified of an allocation of $28,456,256 for the Class Size Reduction Program. The 2001-2002 funds will be released to states in two phases. On July 1, 2001, 29 percent of the funds will be available to states and local school divisions. The remaining 71 percent of the funds will be available to states and local school divisions on October 1, 2001. The attached table is a listing by school division of the Class Size Reduction Program entitlements.

The class size application packets will be mailed to the program contact person in each school division. Applications should be submitted by June 27, 2001. Questions regarding the class size reduction program or the enclosed information should be directed to Dianne Pollard (mailto: dpollard@pen.k12.va.us, specialist, Office of Compensatory Programs at (804) 371-7583.

JLD/DBP/jf

Attachment

cc: Program Coordinators

/administrators/superintendents_memos/2001/inf077a.pdf