COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 2120
RICHMOND,VIRGINIA 23218-2120
SUPTS. MEMO NO. 89
June 8, 2001
INFORMATIONAL
 
TO: Division Superintendents
FROM: Jo Lynne DeMary
Superintendent of Public Instruction
SUBJECT: Final Title VI Entitlements for the 2001-2002 School Year

The Virginia Department of Education has been notified of an allocation of $8,680,986 for Title VI Innovative Education Program Strategies. The 2001-2002 funds will be released to states in two phases. On July 1, 2001, 25 percent of the funds will be made available to states and local school divisions. The remaining 75 percent of the funds will be available on October 1, 2001. The attached table is a listing by school division of the Title VI entitlements.

The application packets will be mailed to the program contact person in each school division. Applications should be submitted by July 1, 2001. Questions regarding the Title VI program should be directed to Dianne Pollard (mailto: dpollard@pen.k12.va.us), specialist, Office of Compensatory Programs at (804) 371-7583.
 
 

JLD/DBP/jf
 
 

/administrators/superintendents_memos/2001/inf089a.pdf