COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA

DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

P.O. BOX 2120

RICHMOND, VIRGINIA 23218-2120

SUPTS. MEMO NO. 125

August 8, 2003

INFORMATIONAL

TO:

Division Superintendents

 

FROM:

Jo Lynne DeMary

Superintendent of Public Instruction

 

SUBJECT:

 

Final Title V, Part A, Entitlements for the 2003-2004 School Year Under Provisions of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, Public Law 107-110

 

The Virginia Department of Education has been notified of an allocation of $8,758,562 for Title V Innovative Programs. The 2003-2004 funds will be released to states in two phases. On July 1, 2003, 25 percent of the money was made available to states and school divisions. The remaining 75 percent of the funds will be available on October 1, 2003. The attached table is a listing by school division of the Title V, Part A, entitlements.

Applications for Phase II Title V funding should be submitted no later than September 30, 2003. Questions regarding the Title V program should be directed to Mrs. Diane Jay at (804) 225-2905, or by e-mail to djay@mail.vak12ed.edu, or to Ms. Cheryl Gray Ball at (804) 225-2882, or by e-mail to cgraybal@mail.vak12ed.edu, office of program administration and accountability.

JLD/DLJ/jf

Attachment

 

/administrators/superintendents_memos/2003/inf125a.pdf