COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA

DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

P.O. BOX 2120

RICHMOND, VIRGINIA 23218-2120

SUPTS. MEMO NO. 153

September 26, 2003

INFORMATIONAL

TO:

Division Superintendents

 

FROM:

Jo Lynne DeMary

Superintendent of Public Instruction

 

SUBJECT:

 

2003-2004 Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, Entitlement Under Provisions of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, Public Law 107-110

 

Attached is the entitlement for the 2003-2004 Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, allocation for those eligible school divisions with local programs for children in institutions for delinquent children. The Phase I portion, or 24 percent of the allocation, is available immediately. The remaining 76 percent will be awarded in Phase II after the Phase II grant award is received from the U.S. Department of Education.

The procedures and forms for submitting a consolidated Phase II application or an individual application are available at the Department of Educations No Child Left Behind website: http://www.pen.k12.va.us/VDOE/nclb/. Applications are due September 30, 2003. If you have questions, please contact the appropriate Title I specialist for your region at the Department of Education.

 

        Regions I, II, and V - Mr. Shady Clark at (804) 225-2901 or by e-mail at sclark@mail.vak12ed.edu

        Regions III and VII - Mrs. Gabie Frazier at (804) 225-2907 or by e-mail at gfrazier@mail.vak12ed.edu

        Regions IV and VI - Dr. Robert Bourdeaux at (804) 225-2904 or by e-mail at rbourdea@mail.vak12ed.edu

        Region VIII - Ms. Brenda Spencer, at (804) 371-6201 or by e-mail at bspencer@mail.vak12ed.edu.

 

 

JLD/DLJ/jf

Attachment

/administrators/superintendents_memos/2003/inf153a.pdf