COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA

DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

P.O. BOX 2120

RICHMOND, VIRGINIA 23218-2120

SUPTS. MEMO NO. 153

August 5, 2005

INFORMATIONAL

TO:

Division Superintendents

 

FROM:

Jo Lynne DeMary

Superintendent of Public Instruction

 

SUBJECT:

2005-2006 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, Entitlements under Provisions of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, Public Law 107-110

 

Attached are the entitlements for the 2005-2006 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, federal allocations for each school division. The amounts noted for each school division are based on the best information available at this time from the U.S. Department of Education (USED).

 

The amount of the Title I, Part A, allocation that will be available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2005, will be 44.75 percent, and the remaining 55.25 percent will be available as of October 1, 2005. The entire Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, allocation will be available as of July 1, 2005, also through the reimbursement process.

 

Upon the receipt of an approvable application(s) by the Virginia Department of Education, the school division will receive an e-mail with instructions to log into the Online Management of Education Grant Awards (OMEGA) system to review the grant award notifications and to distribute the budgets to the object code level. Questions regarding this process should be sent to OMEGA SUPPORT at omega.support@doe.virginia.gov or call (804) 225-2040.

 

The procedures and forms for submitting a consolidated or an individual application(s) are available on the Department of Educations Web site at http://www.doe.virginia.gov/VDOE/Instruction/OCP/nclb-applications.html. School divisions that have not submitted applications should do so immediately. If you have questions, please contact the following Department of Education specialists:

 

Title I, Part A Improving Basic Programs

         Regions I, II, and IV: Mr. Shady Clark, Jr. (shady.clark@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 225-2901

         Regions III and VII: Mrs. Doris (Gabie) Frazier (gabie.frazier@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 225-2907

         Regions V and VI: Dr. Philip Iovino (philip.iovino@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 371-2934

         Region VIII: Ms. Rita Ghazal (rita.ghazal@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 225-2904

Title I, Part D, Subpart 2 Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children Who Are Neglected, Delinquent or At-Risk

         Dr. Philip Iovino (philip.iovino@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 371-2934

 

 

 

JLD/BAS/hmt

 

Attachment

 

http://www.doe.virginia.gov/administrators/superintendents_memos/2005/inf153a.pdf