COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA

DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

P.O. BOX 2120

RICHMOND, VIRGINIA 23218-2120

SUPTS. MEMO NO.182

September 2, 2005

INFORMATIONAL

TO:

Division Superintendents

 

FROM:

Jo Lynne DeMary

Superintendent of Public Instruction

 

SUBJECT:

Final Title II, Part A, Entitlements for the 2005-2006 School Year Under Provisions of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, Public Law 107-110

 

The Virginia Department of Education has been notified of the final allocation of $51,365,320 for Title II, Part A, Teacher and Principal Training and Recruiting Programs for 2005-2006. From this final grant award, $49,599,056 has been allocated to school divisions, with the remainder set aside for state-level activities. The amount of Title II, Part A, allocations that will be available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2005 will be 50.05 percent, and the remaining 49.95 percent will be available as of October 1, 2005.

 

The attached table is a listing by school division of the final Title II, Part A, entitlements for 2005-2006. The entitlement figure should be used in the application for Title II, Part A, funds.

 

Upon the receipt of an approvable application to the Virginia Department of Education, the school division will receive an e-mail with instructions to log into the Online Management of Education Grant Awards (OMEGA) system to review the grant award notifications and to distribute the budgets to the object code level. Questions regarding this process should be sent to OMEGA SUPPORT at omega.support@doe.virginia.gov or call (804) 225-2040.

 

 

 

 

Questions regarding the Title II, Part A program should be directed to Mrs. Kimberly Nunnally at (804) 371-0909, or by e-mail to kimberly.nunnally@doe.virginia.gov. Financial questions regarding Title II, Part A should be directed to

Mrs. Becky Marable at (804) 225-3349 or by e-mail to rebecca.marable@doe.virginia.gov.

 

 

JLD/LMP/rt

 

Attachment

 

http://www.doe.virginia.gov/administrators/superintendents_memos/2005/inf182a.pdf