COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA

DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

P.O. BOX 2120

RICHMOND, VIRGINIA 23218-2120

SUPTS. MEMO NO. 144

July 28, 2006

INFORMATIONAL

TO:

Division Superintendents

 

FROM:

Billy K. Cannaday, Jr.

Superintendent of Public Instruction 

 

SUBJECT:

2006-2007 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, Entitlements under Provisions of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, Public Law 107-110

 

Attached are the entitlements for the 2006-2007 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, federal allocations for each school division. The amounts noted for each school division are based on the best information available at this time from the U.S. Department of Education (USED). An adjustment to the formula used to calculate the state level set asides was made based on guidance received during the USED Title I, Part A, monitoring visit. As a result of this adjustment, school division 2006-2007 Title I, Part A, allocations have decreased.

 

The amount of the Title I, Part A, allocation that will be available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2006, will be 44.09 percent, and the remaining 55.91 percent will be available as of October 1, 2006. The entire Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, allocation will be available as of July 1, 2006, also through the reimbursement process.

 

Upon the receipt of an approvable application(s) by the Virginia Department of Education, the school division will receive an e-mail with instructions to log into the Online Management of Education Grant Awards (OMEGA) system to review the grant award notifications. Budgets will be distributed in OMEGA based on approved applications. Questions regarding this process should be sent to OMEGA SUPPORT at omega.support@doe.virginia.gov or call (804) 371-0993.

 

The procedures and forms for submitting a consolidated or an individual application(s) are available on the Department of Educations website at http://www.doe.virginia.gov/VDOE/Instruction/OCP/nclb-applications.html. The applications were due July 1, 2006. If you have questions, please contact the following Department of Education specialists:

 

Title I, Part A Improving Basic Programs

         Regions I and II: Mr. Shady Clark, Jr.(Shady.Clark@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 225-2901

         Regions III and VII: Mrs. Doris (Gabie) Frazier (Gabie.Frazier@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 225-2907

         Region IV: Ms. Ann Sheehan(Ann.Sheehan@doe.virginia.gov)at (804)371-2932

         Regions V and VI: Dr. Philip Iovino (Philip.Iovino@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 371-2934

         Region VIII: Ms. Rita Ghazal (Rita.Ghazal@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 225-2904


Title I, Part D, Subpart 2 Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children Who Are Neglected, Delinquent or At-Risk

         Mrs. Valerie Gooss (Valerie.Gooss@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 786-1692

 

 

 

PIW/rlm

 

Attachment

 

http://www.doe.virginia.gov/administrators/superintendents_memos/2006/inf144a.pdf