DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
SUPTS. MEMO NO.173
August 24, 2007
Billy K. Cannaday, Jr.
Superintendent of Public Instruction
2007-2008 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, Entitlements under Provisions of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, Public Law 107-110
Attached are the entitlements for the 2007-2008 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, federal allocations for each school division. The amounts noted for each school division are based on the best information available at this time from the U.S. Department of Education (USED).
The amount of the Title I, Part A, allocation that will be available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2007, will be 45.57 percent, and the remaining 54.43 percent will be available as of October 1, 2007. The entire Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, allocation will be available as of July 1, 2007, also through the reimbursement process.
Upon the receipt of an approvable application(s) by the Virginia Department of Education, the school division will receive an e-mail with instructions to log into the Online Management of Education Grant Awards (OMEGA) system to review the grant award notifications. Budgets will be distributed in OMEGA based on approved applications. Questions regarding this process should be sent to OMEGA SUPPORT at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 371-0993.
The procedures and forms for submitting a consolidated or an individual application(s) are available on the Department of Educations website at http://www.doe.virginia.gov/VDOE/Instruction/OCP/nclb-applications.html. The applications were due July 1, 2007. If you have questions, please contact the following Department of Education specialists:
Title I, Part A Improving Basic Programs
Regions I and II: Mr. Shady Clark, Jr. (Shady.Clark@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 225-2901
Regions III and VII: Mrs. Doris (Gabie) Frazier (Gabie.Frazier@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 225-2907
Region IV: Ms. Ann Sheehan (Ann.Sheehan@doe.virginia.gov)at (804)371-2932
Regions V and VI: Dr. Philip Iovino (Philip.Iovino@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 371-2934
VIII: Mrs. Veronica Tate (Vernoica.Tate@doe.virginia.gov)
at (804) 225-2904
Title I, Part D, Subpart 2 Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children Who Are Neglected, Delinquent or At-Risk
Dr. Anthony Dursa (Anthony.Dursa@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 371-7579.