COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA

DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

P.O. BOX 2120

RICHMOND, VIRGINIA 23218-2120

SUPTS. MEMO NO.196

August 22, 2008

INFORMATIONAL

TO:

Division Superintendents

 

FROM:

Billy K. Cannaday, Jr.

Superintendent of Public Instruction 

 

SUBJECT:

2008-2009 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, Entitlements Under Provisions of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, Public Law 107-110

 

Attached are the entitlements for the 2008-2009 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, federal allocations for each school division. The amounts noted for each school division are based on the current allocations available from the U.S. Department of Education (USED). The state education agency uses these allocations in determining the final Title I school division allocations. As required in Section 1122(c) of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, the variable hold-harmless was applied to the allocations by USED prior to releasing the funds to states.

 

The amount of the Title I, Part A, allocation that will be available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2008, will be 44.27 percent, and the remaining 55.73 percent will be available as of October 1, 2008. The entire Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, allocation will be available as of July 1, 2008, also through the reimbursement process.

 

Upon receipt of an approvable application(s) by the Virginia Department of Education, the school division will receive an e-mail with instructions to log into the Online Management of Education Grant Awards (OMEGA) system to review the grant award notifications. Budgets will be distributed in OMEGA based on approved applications. Questions regarding this process should be sent to OMEGA SUPPORT at omega.support@doe.virginia.gov or call (804) 371-0993.

 

The procedures and forms for submitting a consolidated or an individual application are available on the Department of Education's website at:

http://www.doe.virginia.gov/VDOE/Instruction/OCP/nclb-applications.html. The applications were due July 1, 2008.

 

If you have questions, please contact the following Department of Education specialists:

 

Title I, Part A Improving Basic Programs

         Regions I and II: Mr. Shady Clark, Jr.

(Shady.Clark@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 225-2901

         Regions III and VII: Mrs. Doris (Gabie) Frazier (Gabie.Frazier@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 225-2907

         Region IV: Ms. Ann Sheehan

(Ann.Sheehan@doe.virginia.gov)at (804)371-2932

         Regions V and VI: Dr. Philip Iovino

(Philip.Iovino@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 371-2934

         Region VIII: Mrs. Veronica Tate

(Veronica.Tate@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 225-2904

Title I, Part D, Subpart 2 Prevention and Intervention
Programs for Children Who Are Neglected, Delinquent or At-Risk

         Dr. Anthony Dursa

(Anthony.Dursa@doe.virginia.gov) at (804) 371-7579.

 

 

BKCJr/RLM

 

Attachment

 

a. Title I, Part A and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, Grant Allocations (PDF)