Superintendent's Memo #245-09

State seal, Commonwealth of Virginia

COMMONWEALTH of VIRGINIA
Department of Education

September 4, 2009

TO: Division Superintendents

FROM: Patricia I. Wright, Superintendent of Public Instruction

SUBJECT: 2009-2010 Title I, Part A, & Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, Entitlements Under Provisions of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, Public Law 107-110

Attached are the entitlements for the 2009-2010 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, federal allocations for each school division. The amounts noted for each school division are based on the current allocations available from the U.S. Department of Education (USED). The state education agency uses these allocations in determining the final Title I school division allocations. As required in Section 1122(c) of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, the variable hold-harmless was applied to the allocations by USED prior to releasing the funds to states.

The amount of the Title I, Part A, allocation that will be available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2009, will be 25.43 percent, and the remaining 74.57 percent will be available as of October 1, 2009. The entire Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, allocation will be available as of July 1, 2009, through the reimbursement process.

Upon receipt of an approvable application(s) by the Virginia Department of Education, the school division will receive an e-mail with instructions to log in to the Online Management of Education Grant Awards (OMEGA) system to review the grant award notifications. Budgets will be distributed in OMEGA based on approved applications. Questions regarding this process should be sent to OMEGA SUPPORT at omega.support@doe.virginia.gov or call (804) 371-0993.

The procedures and forms for submitting a consolidated or an individual application are available on the Virginia Department of Education's website at: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/federal_programs/esea/applications/index.shtml. The applications were due July 1, 2009.

If you have questions, please contact the following Virginia Department of Education specialists:

Title I, Part A - Improving Basic Programs

Title I, Part D, Subpart 2 - Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children Who Are Neglected, Delinquent or At-Risk

PIW/RLM

Attachment:

a. Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2 Grant Allocations (PDF)