COMMONWEALTH of VIRGINIA
Department of Education
October 1, 2010
TO: Division Superintendents
FROM: Patricia I. Wright, Superintendent of Public Instruction
Attached are the entitlements for the 2010-2011 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, federal allocations for each school division. The amounts noted for each school division are based on the current allocations available from the U.S. Department of Education (USED). The state education agency uses these allocations in determining the final Title I school division allocations. As required in Section 1122(c) of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, the variable hold-harmless was applied to the allocations by USED prior to releasing the funds to states.
The amount of the Title I, Part A, allocation that will be available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2010, will be 25.9 percent, and the remaining 74.1 percent will be available as of October 1, 2010. The entire Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, allocation will be available as of July 1, 2010, through the reimbursement process.
Upon receipt of an approvable application(s) by the Virginia Department of Education, the school division will receive an e-mail with instructions to log into the Online Management of Education Grant Awards (OMEGA) system to review the grant award notifications. The allocations will be listed in OMEGA. School divisions will be required to complete a budget transfer to distribute funds to the appropriate object codes as determined in the approved application. Questions regarding this process should be sent to OMEGA SUPPORT at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 371-0993.
The procedures and forms for submitting a consolidated or an individual application are available on the Department of Education’s Web site at:
http://www.doe.virginia.gov/federal_programs/esea/applications/index.shtml. The applications were due July 1, 2010.
If you have questions, please contact the following Virginia Department of Education specialists:
Title I, Part A – Improving Basic Programs
Title I, Part D, Subpart 2 – Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children Who Are Neglected, Delinquent or At-Risk