Superintendent’s Memo #244-13

State seal, Commonwealth of Virginia

COMMONWEALTH of VIRGINIA
Department of Education

September 13, 2013

TO:  Division Superintendents

FROM:  Patricia I. Wright, Superintendent of Public Instruction

SUBJECT:  2013-2014 Title II, Part A, Allocations Under Provisions of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA)

Attached are the 2013-2014 Title II, Part A, federal allocations for school divisions (Attachment A).  Due to federal sequestration, ESEA program allocations to Virginia for 2013-2104 have been reduced as compared to the previous year, which has resulted in reductions to allocations for many divisions.  The amount of the Title II, Part A, allocation available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2013, is 25.86 percent, and the remaining 74.14 percent is available as of October 1, 2013.  The terms of the grant award are available in Attachment B.

The procedures and forms for submitting an application for ESEA funds are available at: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/federal_programs/esea/applications/index.shtml. The applications were due July 1, 2013.  For questions about the Title II, Part A, allocations or application process, please contact Carol Sylvester, Title II, Part A, specialist, at (804) 371-0908 or Carol.Sylvester@doe.virginia.gov; or Patience Scott, education specialist, at (804) 786-9935 or Patience.Scott@doe.virginia.gov.

PIW/VT/cs

Attachments:

  1. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, Title II, Part A, 2013-2014 Grant Allocations (PDF)
  2. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, Title II, Part A, Terms of Grant Award (PDF)