Superintendent’s Memo #157-15
COMMONWEALTH of VIRGINIA
Department of Education
June 26, 2015
TO: Division Superintendents
FROM: Steven R. Staples, Superintendent of Public Instruction
SUBJECT: 2014-2015 Data Collection: Compliance with the Standards of Quality and Other Requirements
Each year, in response to § 22.1-18 of the Code of Virginia, the Annual Report to the General Assembly on the Condition and Needs of Public Education in Virginia includes the level of local school board compliance with the Standards of Quality (SOQ). In addition, other legal, regulatory and budget provisions specify required annual certifications or responses from each school division. This memo describes this year’s process for collecting the information needed to fulfill these requirements.
The 2014-2015 data collection through the Single Sign-On for Web-based Systems (SSWS) “SOQ Compliance and Other Requirements” application will be available beginning Monday June 29, 2015. All school divisions must complete data submission via the SSWS portal no later than July 31, 2015.
Below is helpful information for the 2014-2015 SOQ Compliance data collection process:
- Before entering data in the “SOQ Compliance and Other Requirements” application in the SSWS portal, please read the instructions on the SOQ Compliance home page.
- To print copies of each section as it appears on the screen, right click your mouse while on the page you would like to print. A menu will pop up and you may select “print.”
- Section One – “SOQ Compliance,” requires a corrective action plan in the accompanying text box for any element of noncompliance.
- Section Two – “Other Reporting Requirements,” does not allow empty text boxes, al all text boxes must include either the information requested or the term "Not applicable."
- After entering all data, the system will generate reports of your responses that you may print for your records or save for future reference.
- The application window will lock after you submit all data and click the “Finish” button and/or after the submission deadline of July 31. Once locked, access to the SOQ Compliance application requires contact with the Policy Office at the phone number or e-mail address provided below.
- The division superintendent and school board chair must sign the signature page of the verification report and submit the signed copy to the Policy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14, 2015. Please submit the entire four page verification report after signatures are obtained.
If you have questions regarding the 2014-2015 SOQ Compliance data collection, please contact the Policy Office at (804) 225-2092 or email@example.com.
- Data Collection Components (PDF)