Superintendent’s Memo #257-15

State seal, Commonwealth of Virginia

COMMONWEALTH of VIRGINIA
Department of Education

October 2, 2015

TO:  Division Superintendents

FROM:  Steven R. Staples, Superintendent of Public Instruction

SUBJECT: 2015-2016 Title II, Part A, Allocations Under Provisions of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA)

Attached are the 2015-2016 Title II, Part A, federal allocations for each school division (Attachment A).  The amount of the Title II, Part A, allocations available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2015, is 25.62 percent, and the remaining 74.38 percent is available as of October 1, 2015.  The terms of the grant award are available in Attachment B.

The procedures and forms for submitting an application for ESEA funds are available at: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/federal_programs/esea/applications/index.shtml. The applications were due July 1, 2015.  For questions about the Title II, Part A, allocations or application process, please contact Carol Sylvester, Title II, Part A, specialist, at (804) 371-0908 or Carol.Sylvester@doe.virginia.gov; or Tiffany Frierson, Title II/IV specialist, at (804) 371-2682 or Tiffany.Frierson@doe.virginia.gov.

SRS/VT/cs

Attachments:

  1. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, Title II, Part A, 2015-2016 Grant Allocations (PDF)
  2. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, Title II, Part A, Terms of Grant Award (PDF)