September 16, 2016

TO:  Division Superintendents

FROM:  Steven R. Staples, Superintendent of Public Instruction

SUBJECT: 2016-2017 Title II, Part A, Allocations under Provisions of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA)

Attached are the 2016-2017 Title II, Part A, federal allocations for each school division (Attachment A).  The amount of the Title II, Part A, allocations available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2016, is 24.28 percent, and the remaining 75.72 percent is available as of October 1, 2016.  The terms of the grant award are available in Attachment B.

The procedures and forms for submitting an application for ESEA funds are available at: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/federal_programs/esea/applications/index.shtml. The applications were due July 1, 2016.  For questions about the Title II, Part A, allocations or application process, please contact Carol Sylvester, Education Coordinator, at (804) 371-0908 or Carol.Sylvester@doe.virginia.gov; or Tiffany Frierson, Title II/IV Specialist, at (804) 371-2682 or Tiffany.Frierson@doe.virginia.gov.


SRS/LS/cs

Attachments:

  1. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, Title II, Part A, 2016-2017 Grant Allocations (PDF)
  2. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, Title II, Part A, Terms of Grant Award (PDF)