|DATE:||July 21, 2017|
|FROM:||Steven R. Staples, Superintendent of Public Instruction|
2017-2018 Student Record Collection
To comply with the information and reporting requirements for report cards and performance indicators of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), the Department of Education will be conducting the Student Record Collection for the 2017-2018 school year.
Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, the Student Record Collection (SRC) will implement the following changes:
- Three new data elements in order to comply with the Regulations Governing the Collection and Reporting of Truancy Related Data and Student Attendance Policy
- Attendance Plan Code
- Attendance Conference Code
- Court referral/Complaint or Proceedings Filed Code
- Unexcused Absences will be collected during Fall, Spring and EOY SRC
- Days in Session will now be collected on the Fall SRC. This can be found under the Miscellaneous section
- The Truancy Conference data element has been retired.
There are several webinars scheduled to review the changes for the upcoming 2017-2018 Student Record Collection. The following sessions have been scheduled:
- Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 1 p.m.
- Friday, August 18, 2017 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 10 a.m.
Additional information regarding the above scheduled webinars and the 2017-2018 data elements on the SRC can be found on the Virginia Department of Education’s website at: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/info_management/data_collection/student_record_collection/index.shtml.
Questions or comments relating to the Student Record Collection should be directed to Educational Applications at RESULTSHELP@doe.virginia.gov.