DATE: August 3, 2018
TO: Division Superintendents
FROM: James F. Lane, Superintendent of Public Instruction
SUBJECT:

2018-2019 Title II, Part A, Allocations under Provisions of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA)


Attached are the 2018-2019 Title II, Part A, allocations for each school division (Attachment A). Local Education Agency (LEA) allocations are distributed by a formula that is weighted 20 percent based on overall Census counts for students ages 5-17 and 80 percent based on students ages 5-17 living in poverty, relative to all other school divisions in the state.

The amount of the Title II, Part A, allocations available through the reimbursement process as of July 1, 2018, is 16.97 percent, and the remaining 83.03 percent is available as of October 1, 2018.  The terms of the grant award are available in Attachment B.

The procedures and forms for submitting an application for Title II, Part A, were previously provided to school division program coordinators. Applications were due on July 1, 2018. Questions about the Title II, Part A, allocations or application process should be directed to Carol Sylvester, Title II, Part A, Coordinator, at (804) 371-0908 or Carol.Sylvester@doe.virginia.gov: Email link. ; or Michael Courtney, Title II/IV Specialist, at (804) 371-2934 or Michael.Courtney@doe.virginia.gov: Email link. .

Attachments:

  1. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, Title II, Part A, 2018-2019 Grant Allocations
  2. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, Title II, Part A, Terms of Grant Award