Charter School Committee
This committee reviews any proposed public charter school application that has been submitted by the applicant to the Board of Education and comments on the application’s feasibility, curriculum and financial soundness. Also see Charter Schools.
Charter School Committee Membership
Board of Education Members
- Mrs. Darla Edwards, Chair
- Mr. Sal Romero, Jr.
- Mr. James Dillard
Education Community Members
- Dr. Rosa Atkins, Division Superintendent, Charlottesville City Public Schools
- Mr. David Cline, Associate Superintendent of Finance and Support Services, Prince William County Public Schools
- Ms. Linda Hyslop, Member, Hopewell City School Board
- Mr. Dean Kern, Deputy Director, Office of Education, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Mr. Walter Cross, Principal, York River Academy (charter school)
- Dr. Rick Richardson, Retired Division Superintendent
- Ms. Bobbi Snow, Co-Founder, Community Public Charter School, Albemarle County
Department of Education Liaison
- Ms. Diane Jay, Associate Director
Persons are encouraged to print items of interest because limited hard copies will be available at the meeting site. Wi-Fi is also available in the conference room.
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Unless otherwise noted, all committee meetings will be held in the Jefferson Conference Room on the 22nd floor of the James Monroe Building, 101 N. 14th Street, Richmond, VA 23219.
|November 18, 2015
(meeting postponed to January 27, 2016)
The Bertha B. Williams Academy application was resubmitted on September 19, 2015.
|April 21, 2015
9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
The Bertha B. Williams Academy application was withdrawn following the committee meeting on April 21, 2015.
|April 21, 2015
Noon to 2:00 p.m.
The Philadelphia Charter Academy application was withdrawn following the committee meeting April 21, 2015.
|September 25, 2013
|February 27, 2013|
|May 23, 2012
|February 22, 2012|
|January 11, 2012
|August 9, 2011|
|November 17, 2010||
|September 22, 2010|
|July 21, 2010|
|June 23, 2010|
|October 13, 2009|
|December 10, 2007|
|July 18, 2005|
|May 24, 2005|
|January 19, 2005|