Implementing a MSP Program in Virginia
Timelines & Deadlines
2013-2014 Mathematics & Science Partnership Grants
|April 30, 2013||Last day to submit approved budgets into OMEGA|
|July 31, 2013||Reimbursement requests due for expenditure period March 1, 2013 – June 30, 2013.|
|September 30, 2013||Progress report #1 due to VDOE
Use template (Word)
|October 31, 2013||Reimbursement requests due for expenditure period July 1, 2013 – September 30, 2013|
|January 31, 2014||Reimbursement requests due for expenditure period October 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013|
|February 28, 2014||Annual Performance Report (APR) due to VDOE|
|April 30, 2014||Reimbursement requests due for expenditure period January 1, 2014 – March 31, 2014|
|July 31, 2014||Reimbursement requests due for expenditure period April 1, 2014 – June 30, 2014|
|September 30, 2014||Progress Report #2 due to VDOE
Use template (Word)
|Last day to encumber funds.|
|November 7, 2014||Final APR due to VDOE|
|November 14, 2014||Final reimbursement request due for expenditure period July 1, 2014 – September 30, 2014|
Online Management of Education Grant Awards (OMEGA)
U.S. Department of Education, Annual Performance Reporting (APR)
Legislation, Regulations, and Guidance
- Title II, Part B, Sections 2201-2203 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 as amended by the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (P.L. 107-110); 20 U.S.C. 6661-6663
- U.S. Department of Education General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR) and Other Applicable Grant Regulations
Please visit the MSP Web site; developed by the US Department of Education in conjunction with Abt Associates in order to accommodate the growing need to share and disseminate the latest up-to-date information about MSP. The website is designed to provide administrative guidance and resources, provide news about upcoming conferences and events, and provide summaries of project goals and objectives.
- 2013 MSP Annual Conference in Washington, D.C.
Conference presentations made by Federal and National organizations, American Institute for Research Staff and other invited speakers, have been posted on the MSP website. Other accompanying documents and handouts are also available.
- How to Solicit Rigorous Evaluations of Mathematics and Science Partnerships (MSP) Projects: A User-Friendly Guide for MSP State Coordinators MS Word (May 2005) (150K) to assist MSP state coordinators with a concrete, low-cost strategy to solicit rigorous evaluations of their state's MSP projects. The guide provides concrete, step-by-step advice in three areas: (1) Overall evaluation strategy; (2) How to solicit rigorous evaluations; and (3) How to review applicants' evaluation plans and monitor the evaluations once underway.
- A Guide for Reporting on Rigorous Evaluations for the US Department of Education Mathematics and Science Partnerships (MSP): A User-Friendly Guide for MSP Project Officials and Evaluators (PDF) – Grantees and evaluators should review this guide before conducting their evaluations in order to familiarize themselves with the process by which the evaluation will be reviewed, as well as to understand its logic and motivation. This guide should serve as a resource during the evaluation and while assembling the information to include in the annual performance reports (APRs) and evaluation reports. This guide will also be useful for projects who are not yet ready to conduct a fully rigorous evaluation, but who would like to learn more about what such an evaluation requires or increase the rigor of their evaluation.
2013-2014 Request for Proposals
- Superintendent’s Memorandum #235-13
- Appendix G – Budget (XLS)
- Mathematics Proposal Scoring Guide (PDF)
- Science Proposal Scoring Guide (PDF)