Virginia Title III Statewide Consortium
In 2014, school divisions allocated less than $10,000 in Title III funding were invited by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) to participate in a statewide consortium. VDOE established the consortium in the belief that divisions could accomplish more together rather than individually. The Title III Statewide Consortium allows divisions with low numbers of English Language Learners (ELLs) to pool together financial and programmatic resources in order to serve the needs of these students.
Participation in the Title III Statewide Consortium allows divisions to collaborate to meet the needs of ELLs and their families; enhance professional development programs for educators of ELLs; create opportunities for joint advocacy of ELLs; and share resources. In addition, the members of the consortium have the opportunity to participate in an annual conference that offers the most current research and best practices from national experts and practitioners from school divisions throughout the commonwealth and focuses on the unique needs of divisions with low numbers of ELLs.
- 2019-2020 Consortium Members-This is a Word document.
- 2018-2019 Consortium Members-This is a Word document.
- 2017-2018 Consortium Members-This is a Word document.
- 2016-2017 Consortium Members-This is a Word document.
- 2015-2016 Consortium Members-This is a Word document.
- 2014-2015 Consortium Members-This is a Word document.
Division program coordinators should contact their program specialist for information about the application for federal funds.
- Title III Statewide Consortium Allocations 2018-2019-This is a XLS document.
- Title III Reallocations 2018-2019 for Statewide Consortium-This is an excel spreadsheet. - in reference to Superintendent’s Memo #031-19
Title III Statewide Consortium Conference
VDOE will host a two-day conference in November 2019 for Title III program coordinators and other key instructional staff participating in Virginia’s Title III Statewide Consortium. The conference provides information related to creating effective Title III programs, examining best practices, ensuring compliance and implementing instructional strategies to address the needs of English Learners (ELs), particularly in school divisions with low numbers of ELs. National experts, as well as local practitioners, present at the conference.
Presentations from the Conference
- All things WIDA-This is a PPT presentation.
- English Learner Tool Kit for Teachers and New Administrators-This is a PPT presentation.
- Explore Instructional resources and strategies focused on supporting English learners in general education and content classes-This is a PPT presentation.
- Explore leadership resources and strategies for building teacher capacity and supporting equitable opportunities for ELs-This is a PPT presentation.
- The Consortium Fiscal Process - My reimbursement was denied…what do I do-This is a PPT presentation.
- Train the Trainer Professional Development for All Stakeholders-This is a PPT presentation.