Accessibility Tools & Resources
- WebAIM – Information, training, resources, guidelines and standards for Web accessibility and disability access to the Web.
- World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative – Strategies, guidelines, resources to make the Web accessible to people with disabilities.
- Essential Components of Web Accessibility – Introduction to the relationships and interdependencies of the components used to make accessible content
- Web Accessibility First Aid: Approaches for Interim Repairs – First steps for getting started planninga direct approach to start with the most critical violations
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview – The WCAG documents explain how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities
- How to Meet WCAG 2.0 – A quick reference to the guidelines' descriptions, techniques and failures
- Accessible University mock site – This fictional university's webpage is designed to demonstrate a variety of common web design problems that result in visitors with disabilities being unable to access the content or features of a web page.
- Planning and Managing Website Accessibility - WAI - W3C – This guide outlines activities to help you integrate accessibility throughout the web production process
- The World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) WCAG to Non-web Information and Communication Technology
- Penn State's Accessibility Guide – Includes many of the techniques one can use to build more accessible Web sites.
- WebAIM: WCAG 2.0 Checklist for HTML documents
- Microsoft Word
- Google Drive Documents
- Contrast (Minimum): Understanding WCAG SC 1.4.3
- Color Contrast Analyzer Chrome Plugin
- The Paciello Group Colour Contrast Analyser
- WebAIM: Color Contrast Checker
- Penn State: ALT Text Basics
- WebAIM: Images
- WebAIM: Alternative Text
- WebAIM: Alt Text Blunders
- Microsoft: Add Alternative Text
- Screen Reader
Accessibilty Acronyms & Numeronyms
- A11Y – Accessibility
- AT – Assistive technology
- ADA – The Americans with Disabilities Act
- IDEA – Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- IEP – Individualized education program
- SSI – Supplemental Security Income
- WIA – Workforce Investment Act, 1998 federal law that included amendments to the VR laws
- W3C – World Wide Web Consortium
- Accessibility Scorecard – provides statistical analysis for accessibility (WCAG 1 / Section 508) and detailed reporting for all commonwealth executive branch agency web sites.
- Web Accessibility (WCAG 1 / Section 508) Template Guide for the state of Virginia
- IT Accessibility Standards, Website Standards, Website Guidelines