Master Schedule Collection
The Master Schedule Collection (MSC) of data is required to satisfy federal assurances for Indicators (b)(1), (b)(2), and (b)(3) of the State Fiscal Stabilization Fund (SFSF) – including the reporting of student growth data to teachers of reading/language arts and mathematics in grades 3-8 and Algebra I through grade 9. To meet the requirements of those indicators, it will also provide data previously collected through Instructional Personnel (IPAL) and Math and Science Course Enrollment (CEDC). The MSC also incorporates enrollment reporting of nontraditional students in designated Career and Technical Education classes. Questions or comments relating to MSC should be directed to RESULTSHELP@doe.virginia.gov or 804-225-2099.
Reporting TeachersClarification of the licensing requirements for teachers of online courses and virtual school programs – Superintendent's Memo #184-13
|2013 Fall Master Schedule Collection
Instructional Personnel and Licensure Report
Submission due Dec. 6, 2013;
Verification Reports due Jan. 31, 2014
To comply with federal SFSF requirements, school divisions submit course-enrollment data linking courses taught to teacher qualifications.
Superintendent’s Memo #275-13 – October 11, 2013
|End of Year 2013-2014 – Master Schedule Collection||Due: TBA|
Information and instructions for this data collection will be posted here when available.
|End of Year 2012-2013 – Master Schedule Collection||Due: Sept. 30, 2013|
To comply with federal SFSF requirements, school divisions submit course data linking teachers to students and courses taught.
Support materials for this collection will be posted as they become available.
- Master Schedule Course Collection to Meet Federal Requirements of the State Fiscal Stabilization Fund – Superintendent’s Memo #031-11, January 28, 2011
- MSC Data Elements for the 2013-2014 School Year (XLS) – updated October 4, 2013
- Prior-to-Secondary School Course Classification System: School Codes for the Exchange of Data (SCED) (PDF)
- Secondary School Course Classification System: School Codes for the Exchange of Data (SCED) (PDF)
- SCED Crosswalk (PDF) | (XLS) – updated January 9, 2014
- MSC Class Scenarios (Word) – updated September 20, 2013
- MSC Teacher Scenarios (Word) – updated September 20, 2013
- MSC Student Scenarios (Word) – updated September 20, 2013
- Specifications for Completing the MSC (Word) – updated October 29, 2013
- Code Values
- MSC File Layout (Word) – updated October 4, 2013
- Fall Master Schedule Collection Overview – November 12, 2013 (PPT)
- Fall 2013 MSC Webinar – September 25, 2013 (PPT)
- Fall MSC-IPAL Web Ex Presentation
- Licensure Presentation: August 1, 2011 (PPT) – updated April 2, 2014
- Instructional Personnel and Licensure (IPAL) Webinar (PPT)
- H Record and MSC Questions (PPT)
- MSC Data Tracking and G Record (PPT)
- MSC Data Tracking Tool (Word)
- MSC Overview (PPT) – updated April 2, 2014
- Update on Virginia's Growth Measure (PPT)
- MSC Regional Programs - Background on MSC;
How to report back to the LEAs (PPT)
- Regional Programs Instructions and Template (XLS) – updated January 9, 2012
- SCED Course Code Information (PPT)
- Fall 2013 MSC Feedback Webinar: Changes Coming for 2013-2014 (PPT) – April 17, 2013