Master Schedule Collection
The Master Schedule Collection (MSC) of data is required to satisfy federal assurances – including the reporting of student growth data to teachers of reading/language arts and mathematics in grades 3-8 and Algebra I through grade 9. It provides data previously collected through Instructional Personnel (IPAL) and Math and Science Course Enrollment (CEDC). The MSC also incorporates enrollment reporting of nontraditional students in designated Career and Technical Education classes. Questions or comments relating to MSC should be directed to RESULTSHELP@doe.virginia.gov.
Clarification of the licensing requirements for teachers of online courses and virtual school programs – Superintendent's Memo 184-13.
2018-2019 Master Schedule Collection
- Data Elements 2018-2019-This is a XLS document.
- File Layout-This is a Word document.
- Header 2018-2019-This is a XLS document.
- Instructions for Electronic Verification for MSC & SEDF Updated August 2018-This is a Word document.
- SCED Crosswalk 2018-2019-This is a XLS document.
- Specifications for Completing the Master Schedule Collection 2018-2019-This is a Word document.
2017-2018 Master Schedule Collection
2017-18 Support Documents
- MSC Data Elements for the 2017-2018 School Year-This is a XLS document. (XLS) – Updated July 25, 2017
- MSC File Layout-This is a Word document. (Word) – Updated July 25, 2017
- SCED Crosswalk: 2017-18 (XLSSCED Crosswalk: 2017-18-This is a XLS document.) (PDFSCED Crosswalk: 2017-18-This is a PDF document.) – Updated November 21, 2017
- Specifications for Completing the Master Schedule Collection 2017-18 – Updated July 25, 2017
2017 Fall Master Schedule Collection:
- Secondary Enrollment Demographics Form (SEDF) Data;
- Instructional Personnel Verification of Licensure Endorsement Report;
- Instructional Personnel Survey Data Report; and
- Supply and Demand Report
- Submission due December 8, 2017;
- Verification Reports due January 31, 2018
To comply with federal requirements, school divisions submit course-enrollment data linking courses taught to teacher qualifications.
This report includes:
- Secondary Enrollment Demographics Form (SEDF) Data
- Instructional Personnel Verification of Licensure Endorsement Report
- Instructional Personnel Survey Data Report
- Supply and Demand Report
- Code Values
- School Courses for the Exchange of Data (SCED) Version 4
- School Courses for the Exchange of Data (SCED) Version 5-This is an excel spreadsheet.
- MSC Class Scenarios (Word) – updated October 12, 2016
- MSC Teacher Scenarios (Word) – updated October 21, 2016
- MSC Student Scenarios (Word) – updated October 12, 2016
- MSC SEDF Scenarios (Word) –updated October 12, 2016
- Fall MSC 2017 Webinar – updated September 19, 2017
- Fall 2016 MSC Webinar – updated September 1, 2016
- VESIS Presentation (PPT) – updated April 6, 2016
- 2015-16 EOY MSC Presentation (PPT) – updated May 26, 2016
- Fall 2015 MSC Webinar (PPT) – updated January 12, 2015
- Fall 2014 MSC Webinar (PPT) – updated October 2, 2014
- EOY 2014 MSC Webinar (PPT) – updated June 5, 2014
- Fall Master Schedule Collection Overview – November 12, 2013 (PPT)
- Fall 2013 MSC Webinar – September 25, 2013 (PPT)
- Fall MSC-IPAL Web Ex Presentation
- Licensure Presentation: August 1, 2011 (PPT) – updated April 16, 2014
- Instructional Personnel and Licensure (IPAL) Webinar (PPT)
- MSC Data Tracking and G Record (PPT)
- MSC Data Tracking Tool (Word)
- MSC Overview (PPT) – updated April 2, 2014
- Update on Virginia's Growth Measure (PPT)
- MSC Regional Programs - Background on MSC;
How to report back to the LEAs (PPT)
- Regional Programs Instructions and Template (XLS) – updated December 6, 2016
- SCED Course Code Information (PPT)
- Fall 2013 MSC Feedback Webinar: Changes Coming for 2013-2014 (PPT) – April 17, 2013
Frequently Asked Questions
See Frequently Asked Questions for information on the following topics:
- Course Information
- Teacher Information & Licensure
- Out-placed Students