Student Record Collection
The Student Record Collection system enables the commonwealth and its school divisions to comply with the information and reporting requirements of No Child Left Behind (NCLB). The system also reduces the reporting burden on school divisions and ensures continuity and validity in all enrollment-based data collections. Questions or comments relating to these collections should be directed to Educational Applications at RESULTSHELP@doe.virginia.gov or 804-225-2099.
2013-2014 Student Record Collection
Beginning with the 2013-2014 school year, the Student Record Collection (SRC) contains the following changes:
- Retiring the Dual Enrollment Flag, Distance Learning Flag, CTE Dual Enrollment Flag, CTE Program Codes and Retention Flag
- Adding new tuition code to more accurately collect data on students attending public centers
- Adding new field to collect data for A-F requirements for school accountability
- Adding new field to capture the number of students that earn the Uniform Certificate of General Studies or an Associate Degree while enrolled in high school
- Adding new field to collect data on the Career and Technical Education Career Pathway Codes
- Adding new field to collect data on students with disabilities that receive credit accommodations
2013-2014 Support Documents:
- Data Elements 2013-2014 (PDF) | (XLS)
- Specifications for Completing the Student Records Data Collection (PDF) | (Word)
- Specifications Document – Miscellaneous Web Collection (PDF) | (Word)
- Layout for Tab-Delimited File (PDF) | (Word)
- 2013-2014 SRC Updates (PPT)
- Scroll down for additional SRC data collection resources
|2013-2014 Fall Student Record Data Collection||Due: October 18, 2013|
To comply with state and federal information and reporting requirements, school divisions submit information reflecting student records as of October 1. The reported information is used to revise average daily membership (ADM) estimates and to finalize the state budget submitted by the governor.
|2013-2014 Spring Student Record Data Collection||Due: April 18, 2014|
In order to comply with the information and reporting requirements for March 31 average daily membership, report cards, and performance indicators of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), school divisions are required to submit data for the Spring Student Record Collection (SPR SRC).
|2013-2014 End-of-Year (EOY) Student Record Data Collection||Due: July 18, 2014|
In order to comply with the information and reporting requirements for school report cards and performance indicators of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), school divisions are required to submit data for the End-of-Year (EOY) Student Record Data Collection.
|2013-2014 Summer Student Record Data Collection||Due: August 29, 2014|
To comply with state and federal information and reporting requirements, school divisions submit information reflecting summer school graduates and CTE finisher information. This collection will be open and accessible through the Single Sign-on for Web Systems (SSWS) starting August 5, 2013.
- Introduction to the Student Record Collection (PPT)
- Implementing the New Race Ethnicity Standards in Virginia (PPT)
- Managing an Identity Crisis: Forum Guide to Implementing New Federal Race and Ethnicity Categories (PDF)
- Truancy Rate (PDF)
- Dropout Coding Guidelines (PDF) | (Word)
- Legislative Updates from the VESIS Data Conference 2012 (PPT)
- Dropout Calculations Presentation from the VESIS Data Conference 2012 (PPT)
- SRC Spring Updates March 2011 presentation (PPT)
- Classifying and reporting English language learners (ELs) and Immigrant Students (PDF)