Procedures used by VDOE follow the principles set forth in the Standards for Education Data Collection and Reporting (SEDCAR) from the National Center for Education Statistics, U.S. Department of Education.
- Standards for Education Data Collection and Reporting (SEDCAR)
- National Center for Education Statistics – Statistical Standards
- U.S. Department of Education – Standards and Assessment Group and Accountability Group
Articles from the National Forum on Education Statistics (NFES)NFES is sponsored by the National Center for Education Statistics of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Crisis Data Management: A Forum Guide to Collecting and Managing Data About Displaced Students – provides guidelines that can be used by elementary and secondary education agencies to establish policies and procedures for collecting and managing education data before, during, and after a crisis.
- The Forum Guide to Data Ethics – While laws set the legal parameters that govern data use, ethics establish fundamental principles of "right and wrong" that are critical to the appropriate management and use of education data in the technology age.