Data, Monitoring & Evaluation
Site Visit Materials
Required National Reporting System (NRS) data must be entered no later than the 20th day of each month for funded programs. All final data each fiscal year is due by August 1 unless otherwise stated.
Required data (but not limited to):
- Staff Information
- Class Information
- Student Demographs, Tests, and Goal Information
- Student Attendance
NRS (National Reporting System) Web-based Data System
- Level 1 Data Training Handouts (PDF)
- Scale Score and Educational Functioning Level (EFL) Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Error Report Guide (PDF)
- Web-based Data System Login - SSWS (Approved Users Only) Login
- Data Glossary (PDF)
- Guide to Exit Dates (PDF)
- Contact Hours Guidance Document (PDF)
- End of Year Reporting Guidelines 2009-2010 (PDF)
NRS and Web-based Data System Updates
- January / February 2009 (PDF)
- May 2008 (PDF)
- March 2007 (PDF)
- April 2006 (PDF)
- August 2006 (PDF)
- November 2006 (PDF)
This policy defines distance education for adult education programs in Virginia and provides guidelines by which programs can report adult learners’ distance education hours to the National Reporting System (NRS). The goal of this policy is to describe the types of activities and curricula approved for distance education and outline the requirements and procedures for reporting distance education activities to NRS.
The Universal Student Profile Document (USPD) provides consistent identification of demographic, goal, assessment, class, and attendance information for adult students participating in federal and selected state-funded programs. The USPD contains four independent documents that include the following.
- Student Registration Form (p.1)
- Student Learning Plan (p.2)
- Student Assessment Information (p.3)
- Student Class Enrollment and Attendance (p.4)
Programs reporting student information into the NRS Web-based Data System are required to use pages 1 and 2 for each student reported. Options are available for reporting information contained on pages 3 and 4.
All funded programs shall demonstrate an ability to perform within the NRS accountability standards. Programs are expected to meet or exceed the state established performance targets for accountability. Each funded program must demonstrate by January 20th progress towards meeting state targets on NRS Table 4.
- Approved ABE Performance Targets for FY2013-2014 (PDF)
- Annual Performance Report to the U. S. Department of Education for July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012 (PDF)
How well is your local program performing? Do you think there are areas to improve? Take an opportunity to review the quality of your program with our Indicators of Program Quality (PDF)
- NRS Updates and Information
- USDOE – Office of Vocational and Adult Education
- OVAE – State Level Tables
- Virginia Employment Commission
- US Census – Factfinder