Grants & Funding
The Office of Adult Education makes funds available for grants to support adult basic education and literacy workforce development activities. Funding is provisional and dependent on passage of a federal budget and approval of the Virginia Combined State Plan for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. Additional state funds are used to supplement federal grants. Various grants require written reports identifying progress or end-of-year performance.
2020-2023 Competitive Grant Application Package
- Application-This is a Word document. – Email OAEL@doe.virginia.gov for additional necessary files, including the Excel budget workbooks
- Demonstrated Effectiveness Tables Video Tutorial
- Pre-Proposal Webinar Archive
- Frequently Asked Questions
2019-2020 Race to GED
2019-2020 Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (ISAEP) Program
- Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (ISAEP) Program Application for 2019-2020-This is a Word document. – Superintendent’s Memo 113-19, May 10, 2019
- Application-This is a Word document.
Please contact Chantell Mahmood at OAEL@doe.virginia.gov for a copy of any of the 2019-2020 forms.
- Program Calendar Due Dates-This is a Word document.
- Adult Student Profile Document (ASPD)