Program Administration & Management
Professional association conferences being held this summer:
- VAAE (Virginia Association of Agricultural Educators) – July 15-18, Bristol
- VBEA (Virginia Business Education Association) – July 29- August 1, Herndon
- VAHAMSEA (Virginia Health and Medical Sciences Educators Association) – July 30-August 1, Virginia Beach
- VTEEA (Virginia Technology and Engineering Education Association) – July 31-August 2, Hampton
- VATIE (Virginia Association of Trade and Industrial Educators) – July 27-August 2, Norfolk
- VAME (Virginia Association of Marketing Educators) – July 31-August 2, Virginia Beach
- VATFACS (Virginia Association for Teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences) – July 28-August 1, Portsmouth
Archived Video Training Sessions, 2012-2013 – view training sessions held during the 2012-2013 school year.
- CTE Administrative Planning Guide
The CTE Administrative Planning Guide identifies connections between core subjects and CTE content; serves as a repository of course numbers and course descriptions, course durations/required hours, prerequisites and concentration sequences for completers; identifies career clusters and career pathways; and lists of Board of Education-approved credentials.
School divisions can request VDOE approval of new CTE programs and/or courses at any time of the year, but must be approved prior to including any budget items in the Career and Technical Education Local Plan and Budget Application. When completing the form (which is no longer included with the Perkins Local Plan), refer to the Administrative Planning Guide for titles and course codes as well as other pertinent information on submitting an application.
- Application for New Career And Technical Education Program/Course (Word) – Revised October 2012
The Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act – reauthorized in 2006 – provides federal funds to increase focus on the academic achievement of career and technical education students, strengthen connections between secondary and postsecondary education, and improve state and local accountability. Also see Federal Programs - Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Act.
- May 17, 2103 – Estimated State Allocations under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006 for July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014. See Superintendent's Memo #128-13
Perkins Local Plan & Budget Application
- Local Plan 2013-2014 (XLS) – Revised February 22, 2013
The Perkins Local Plan and Budget Application spreadsheet must be downloaded to your computer. Once the application has been completed and approved by your local board, it must be uploaded to OMEGA. After the application has been uploaded, the division superintendent or an authorized superintendent’s designee then approves the application in OMEGA prior to the April 30, 2013 deadline. The application Certification and Assurances page(s) with appropriate signatures must be retained and filed at the local level and a copy faxed to the Office of Career and Technical Education at 804-530-4560.
School Year 2012-2013:
- CTE State Equipment Request for Reimbursement Form: SY 2012-2013 (Word)
- CTE State Industry Certification Examinations, Licensure Tests, and Occupational Competency Assessments Reimbursement Request Form SY 2012-2013 (Word)
- High Schools That Work (HSTW) Budget and Object Code Forms SY 2012-2013 (Word)
- High Schools That Work (HSTW) Reimbursement Forms SY 2012-2013 (Word)
- Jobs for Virginia Graduates (JVG) Request for Reimbursement Form SY 2012-2013 (Word)
- Six-Year Cyclical Schedule (Word)
- Federal Program Monitoring Review System Self-Assessment Guidance Document (Word) – revised February 2013
- Federal Program Monitoring Review System Self-Assessment 2012-2013 Template (Word) – revised February 2013
The Regulations Governing Career and Technical Education, adopted by the Virginia Board of Education in 2011, became effective December 19, 2012. Implementation of the regulations began on July 1, 2013.
- Regulations Governing Career and Technical Education (PDF)
- CTE Courses with maximum enrollment of 20 students (PDF) – revised September 2012
Presentations, documents and videos related to the management and administration of Career and Technical Education programs. These resources were presented during training sessions and other professional development presentations with CTE administrators.
- For details on CTE data collection, see Data Collection for Career & Technical Education
- The Career and Technical Education Reporting System (CTERS) User's Manual provides instructions for submitting the following reports:
- Secondary Enrollment Demographics Form (SEDF)
- Secondary Student Career Clusters Enrollment Report (SSCCER)
- Preliminary Completer Demographics Report (CDR)
- CTE Credentialing Collection (CTECC)
- Final Completer Demographics Report (CDR)