Business & Information Technology
Through the Business and Information Technology program, students are provided opportunities to complement their academic preparation while exploring a variety of careers and learning skills and concepts in the areas of keyboarding and word processing, computer applications and solutions, entrepreneurship and principles of business and marketing.
Intensive preparation for business and information technology careers is available at the secondary level. Courses enable students to investigate opportunities in business, prepare for entry and advancement on the job, develop management skills and identify further education and training necessary within a chosen career cluster.
The following courses were revised for implementation during the 2014-2015 school year. All curriculum frameworks are available through VERSO from the CTE Resource Center.
- Accounting (6320)
- Accounting, Advanced (6321)
- Business Law (6131)
- Computer Solutions (6609)
- Legal Systems Administration (6735)
- Medical Systems Administration (6730)
- Programming (6640)
- Programming, Advanced (6641)
- Essential Competency List for Business and Information Technology – Virginia's CTE Resource Center
- Administrative Planning Guide for Business and Information Technology
Virginia Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
Career and Technical Student Organization
Prepares students for leadership and careers in business through business-related education and entrepreneurial skill development, community service and partnerships with the professional sector. For more information, visit the CTSO web page.
WBL is a school-coordinated, coherent sequence of on-the-job experiences that are related to students’ career goals and/or interests, are based on instructional preparation and are performed in partnership with local businesses, industries or other organizations in the community. For more information on WBL methods of instruction, visit Work-Based Learning.
- 2014-2015 Reference Sheet (PDF)
- 2014-2015 Calendar of Events
- Licensure Endorsement Requirements for Business & Information Technology (PDF) – See 8VAC20-22-230 on page 34 of the Licensure Regulations for School Personnel document.
- Career Planning Guide
- Virginia Business Education Association (VBEA)
- Southern Business Education Association (SBEA)
- National Business Education Association (NBEA)
- Foundation for the Future of Business Education
- Delta Pi Epsilon (DPE)
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (VACTE)