Nominations for 2016-2017 Career and Technical Education Curriculum Review Committees – School divisions may nominate a CTE teacher for each of the 36 committees. Approximately 12 applicants will be selected to serve on each committee. All nominees who wish to serve on a committee must complete the Web-based application using the CTE Application Processing System (CTEAPS) by June 20, 2016. The Web-based application process requires a professional reference and division-level approval (division superintendent or designee). For more information, see Superintendent’s Memo 104-16.
Career Connections is the area designed to help students prepare for careers and continuing education in a challenging and rapidly changing workplace. This service area provides connecting links for students in pursuit of career development and related career information resources. Connecting links include pathways, program models, or processes that lead to, or point the way to, career goals. The total concept of Career Connections includes the components of career information resources, career development, and career connecting links.
- Career Connections Course Listing
- Essential Competency List for Career Connections – Virginia's CTE Resource Center
- Administrative Planning Guide for Career Connections
Career Connecting Links
At the secondary level, career connecting links blend instruction with program models that provide for actual or simulated work-based experiences planned to apply classroom instruction to real-life employment situations and requirements. These links include the primary program models of:
- Cooperative Education
- Professional Internships
- Tech Prep Programs
- High Schools That Work
- Four-Year of More College Preparation
WBL is a school-coordinated, coherent sequence of on-the-job experiences that are related to students’ career goals and/or interests, are based on instructional preparation and are performed in partnership with local businesses, industries or other organizations in the community. For more information on WBL methods of instruction, visit Work-Based Learning.
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education – Special Needs Division
- Virginia Career Education Foundation – Know How Virginia
- Virginia Career VIEW – Vital Information for Education and Work
- Virginia Education Wizard
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (VACTE)