Nominations for 2017-2018 Career and Technical Education Curriculum Review Committees
School divisions may nominate a CTE teacher for each of the 34 committees. Approximately 12 applicants will be selected to serve on each committee. All nominees who wish to serve on a committee must complete the Web-based application using the CTE Application Processing System (CTEAPS). Schedule for the committees. For more information, see Superintendent’s Memo 124-17.
Career Connections is the area designed to help students prepare for careers and continuing education in a challenging and rapidly changing workplace. This service area provides connecting links for students in pursuit of career development and related career information resources. Connecting links include pathways, program models, or processes that lead to, or point the way to, career goals. The total concept of Career Connections includes the components of career information resources, career development, and career connecting links.
The following courses were revised for implementation during the 2017- 2018 school year. All curriculum frameworks are available through VERSO from the CTE Resource Center:
- Career Investigations (9069, 9070)
- Career Strategies (formerly Career Interpretation) (9074, 9071)
- Education for Employment Exploratory Preparation (formerly Preparation–Introduction) (9020, 9021, 9022, 9075, 9076)
- Education for Employment Exploratory Development (formerly Development–Introduction)
(9030, 9031, 9032, 9082, 9083)
- Education for Employment I-Preparation (9077, 9078)
- Education for Employment II-Preparation (9079, 9080)
- Education for Employment I-Development (9084, 9085)
- Education for Employment II-Development 9086, 9087)
- Career Connections Course Listing (PDF)
- Essential Competency List for Career Connections – Virginia's CTE Resource Center
- Administrative Planning Guide for Career Connections
WBL is a school-coordinated, coherent sequence of on-the-job experiences that are related to students’ career goals and/or interests, are based on instructional preparation and are performed in partnership with local businesses, industries or other organizations in the community. For more information on WBL methods of instruction, visit Work-Based Learning.
Federal and State Labor Laws for Youth Work-Based Learning – Know the Rules-This is a PDF document. (PDF) is a resource that compares federal and state labor laws for nonagricultural and agricultural occupations, parental exemption, and prohibited and hazardous occupations as they relate to youth work-based learning.
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education – Special Needs Division
- Virginia Career Education Foundation – Know How Virginia
- Virginia Career VIEW – Vital Information for Education and Work
- Virginia Education Wizard
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (Virginia ACTE)