Marketing programs prepare students for postsecondary education and careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, management and entrepreneurship. Instruction in the Marketing, Hospitality & Tourism, Business Management & Administration, and Arts, A/V Technology & Communications, career clusters enable students to gain knowledge and skills in:
- business law
- channel management
- customers relations
- emotional intelligence
- financial analysis
- marketing-information management
- marketing planning
- professional development
- product/service management
- strategic planning
The following courses were revised for implementation during the 2018-2019 school year. All curriculum frameworks are available through VERSO from the CTE Resource Center:
- Digital and Social Media Marketing – formerly Digital Marketing (8125)
- Introduction to Marketing (8110, 8111)
- Marketing (8120)
- Marketing, Advanced (8130)
- Cybersecurity in Marketing (8126)
- Real Estate (8191)
- Marketing Course Listing-This is a Word document.
- Essential Competency List for Marketing – Virginia's CTE Resource Center
- Administrative Planning Guide for Marketing
- Industry Credentialing
- Equipment Resource Guide - See Equipment for CTE Programs
Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO)Virginia DECA Organization
Prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. For more information, visit the CTSO web page.
WBL is a school-coordinated, coherent sequence of on-the-job experiences that are related to students’ career goals and/or interests, are based on instructional preparation and are performed in partnership with local businesses, industries or other organizations in the community. For more information on WBL methods of instruction, visit Work-Based Learning.
Federal and State Labor Laws for Youth Work-Based Learning – Know the Rules-This is a PDF document. (PDF) is a resource that compares federal and state labor laws for nonagricultural and agricultural occupations, parental exemption, and prohibited and hazardous occupations as they relate to youth work-based learning.
- Virginia Association of Marketing Educators (VAME)
- Virginia DECA Foundation
- Marketing Education Association (MEA)
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (Virginia ACTE)