Spotlight Referral Request for the R U “College and Career” Ready? Magazine – In partnership with Virginia Business Publication, LLC, the Office of Career and Technical Education is seeking CTE program completers to showcase in the 2017 edition of the R U “College & Career” Ready? Magazine. Completed referrals are due by April 11, 2016 using the CTE Spotlight Referral Questionnaire. For more information, see Superintendent’s Memo 007-16.
Marketing programs prepare students for postsecondary education and careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, management and entrepreneurship. Instruction in the Marketing, Hospitality & Tourism, Business Management & Administration, and Arts, A/V Technology & Communications, career clusters enable students to gain knowledge and skills in:
The following courses were revised for implementation during the 2015-2016 school year. All curriculum frameworks are available through VERSO from the CTE Resource Center:
- Marketing Management (8132)
- Fashion Marketing (8140)
- Fashion Marketing, Advanced (8145)
- Travel and Tourism (8165) will be eliminated
- Hotel Marketing (8160) will be eliminated
- Opportunities in Travel and Tourism (8139) will replace Travel and Tourism (8165) and Hotel Marketing (8160)
- Marketing Course Listing
- Essential Competency List for Marketing – Virginia's CTE Resource Center
- Administrative Planning Guide for Marketing
Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO)Virginia DECA Organization
Prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. For more information, visit the CTSO web page.
WBL is a school-coordinated, coherent sequence of on-the-job experiences that are related to students’ career goals and/or interests, are based on instructional preparation and are performed in partnership with local businesses, industries or other organizations in the community. For more information on WBL methods of instruction, visit Work-Based Learning.
- 2015-2016 Reference Sheet (PDF)
- 2015-2016 Calendar of Events (PDF)
- Licensure Endorsement Requirements – Marketing Education
- Career Planning Guide
- Virginia Association of Marketing Educators (VAME)
- Virginia DECA Foundation
- Marketing Education Association (MEA)
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (VACTE)