Statewide Pilot Testing for the College Board’s College Level Examination Program (CLEP) – During the 2015-2016 school year, students who are enrolled in Marketing Management class in a selected number of high schools may volunteer to participate in the CLEP pilot testing. For more information about school divisions that would like to be a pilot site for instruction and testing, see Superintendent’s Memo 123-15.
Marketing programs prepare students for postsecondary education and careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, management and entrepreneurship. Instruction in the Marketing, Hospitality & Tourism, Business Management & Administration, and Arts, A/V Technology & Communications, career clusters enable students to gain knowledge and skills in:
The following courses were revised for implementation during the 2015-2016 school year. All curriculum frameworks are available through VERSO from the CTE Resource Center:
- Marketing Management (8132)
- Fashion Marketing (8140)
- Fashion Marketing, Advanced (8145)
- Travel and Tourism (8165) will be eliminated
- Hotel Marketing (8160) will be eliminated
- Opportunities in Travel and Tourism (8139) will replace Travel and Tourism (8165) and Hotel Marketing (8160)
- Essential Competency List for Marketing – Virginia's CTE Resource Center
- Administrative Planning Guide for Marketing
Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO)Virginia DECA Organization
Prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. For more information, visit the CTSO web page.
WBL is a school-coordinated, coherent sequence of on-the-job experiences that are related to students’ career goals and/or interests, are based on instructional preparation and are performed in partnership with local businesses, industries or other organizations in the community. For more information on WBL methods of instruction, visit Work-Based Learning.
- 2015-2016 Reference Sheet (PDF)
- 2015-2016 Calendar of Events (PDF)
- Licensure Endorsement Requirements – Marketing Education
- Career Planning Guide
- Virginia Association of Marketing Educators (VAME)
- Virginia DECA Foundation
- Marketing Education Association (MEA)
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (VACTE)