Microsoft IT Academy Program
Certification examinations offered at no cost to school divisions
Funding provided by the General Assembly allows interested high schools and CTE regional centers to participate in a Microsoft Information Technology (IT) Academy partnership to include site licenses for certification testing at no cost to school divisions. Certification examinations are available to students for Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access OneNote and SharePoint) and Certiprep practice exams. See Superintendent’s Memo for additional information on the the Microsoft IT Academy Update (Word) legislative report.
What is Microsoft IT Academy?
Classroom and online learning, hands-on labs, and access to hundreds of courses, books and cutting-edge resources are available for Microsoft IT Academy-participating high schools. These resources help prepare students for Microsoft certification that can help students earn college credits and enhance their resume with credentials recognized by employers around the world.
Advantages for Students
The Microsoft IT Academy concept was developed to bridge the gap between education and the real-world by providing students with the IT skills they’ll need for college and a career in today’s technology-centered job market.
Advantages for Teachers
Through Microsoft IT Academy, teachers have access to professional development resources for success in the classroom, as well as curriculum for technology courses and student learning tools.
- Virginia’s Priority Courses Mapped to Microsoft IT Academy Resources (PDF)
- Microsoft IT Academy Newsletter
- CTE Newsletter
- Custom Certification Site for Virginia
- Microsoft IT Academy Member Website
- Virginia Microsoft IT Academy Share Site
How to Get Started with the IT Academy Program
(All files are Word documents)
- Getting Started: First Steps to Launching the Microsoft IT Academy in the Classroom
- Microsoft IT Academy: Virtual Training Recordings and Descriptions
- Microsoft IT Academy Director Checklist
- Student Steps for Microsoft IT Academy E-Learning
- Microsoft IT Academy Quick Start Guide to Microsoft IT Academy Digital Literacy
- Quick Start Guide E-Learning
- Quick Start Guide to Microsoft IT Academy Lesson Plans
- Quick Start Guide – MOAC (Microsoft Official Academic Course)
- MOS and MTA Exams Mapped to Career Clusters (PPT)
- MOS Exams Mapped to Key Job Roles (PDF)
- Microsoft IT Career Poster (PDF)
- Microsoft IT Academy Datasheet – Building the Workforce of Tomorrow, Today (PDF)
- Certification Datasheet - Optimize Program Effectiveness (PDF)
- Certification Roadmap Poster (PDF)
- Certification Website
- Student Flyer – Create Your Future (PDF)
- Digital Literacy and Free Microsoft Education Resources (PDF)
- Certification Q&A (PDF)
Where are the Microsoft IT Academy participating high schools/centers in Virginia? The map illustrates the location of the 356 Virginia high schools/centers offering a Microsoft IT Academy and certification testing center.