Trade & Industrial Education
Spotlight Referral Request for the R U “College and Career” Ready? Magazine – In partnership with Virginia Business Publication, LLC, the Office of Career and Technical Education is seeking CTE program completers to showcase in the 2017 edition of the R U “College & Career” Ready? Magazine. Completed referrals are due by April 11, 2016 using the CTE Spotlight Referral Questionnaire. For more information, see Superintendent’s Memo 007-16.
Trade and Industrial Education covers a variety of specialized areas including robotic workcell technology; transportation, distribution, and logistics such as automotive technology, motorsports, and aviation; computer networking technology hardware operations; building trades; commercial photography and graphic imaging; radio and TV communications; criminal justice; and public safety including fire fighting.
The following courses were revised for implementation during the 2015-2016 school year. All curriculum frameworks are available through VERSO from the CTE Resource Center:
- Masonry I, II, III (8512, 8513, 8514)
- Auto Body Repair I, II, III (8679, 8680, 8681)
- Auto Body Technology (8676, 8677, 8678)
- Computer Maintenance (8621)
- Advertising Design I, II (8570, 8571)
- Entertainment Design and Technology (course code to be determined)
- Graphic Imaging Technology I, II, III (8660, 8661, 8662)
- Trade & Industrial Education Course Listing
- Essential Competency List for Trade and Industrial Education (Virginia's CTE Resource Center)
- Administrative Planning Guide for Trade and Industrial Education
- Industry Credentialing
- Equipment Resource Guide – See Equipment for CTE Programs
- High School Based Firefighter I and II Education Program Guidelines (PDF)
PLAY VIDEO #1
These courses are part of the Construction Pathway in the Architecture & Construction Career Cluster.
PLAY VIDEO #2
These courses are part of the Emergency and Fire Management Services and Law Enforcement Services Pathways in the Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security Career Cluster.
PLAY VIDEO #3
These courses are part of the Transportation Operations Pathway in the Transportation, Distribution & Logistics Career Cluster.
SkillsUSA- Champions at Work
Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO)
A partnership of students, teachers, and industry working together to ensure Virginia and America have a skilled work force. For more information, visit the CTSO web page.
WBL is a school-coordinated, coherent sequence of on-the-job experiences that are related to students’ career goals and/or interests, are based on instructional preparation and are performed in partnership with local businesses, industries or other organizations in the community. For more information on WBL methods of instruction, visit Work-Based Learning.
- Virginia Association of Trade and Industrial Educators (VATIE)
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (VACTE)