Trade & Industrial
Trade and Industrial Education covers a variety of specialized areas including automotive repair; building trades such as carpentry, drafting, plumbing and masonry; commercial photography and graphic imaging; public safety such as fire fighting and radio communication; cosmetology and sheet metal and welding.
- Essential Competency List for Trade and Industrial Education (Virginia's CTE Resource Center)
- High School Based Firefighter I and II Education Program Guidelines (PDF)
PLAY VIDEO #1
These courses are part of the Construction Pathway in the Architecture & Construction Career Cluster.
PLAY VIDEO #2
These courses are part of the Emergency and Fire Management Services and Law Enforcement Services Pathways in the Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security Career Cluster.
PLAY VIDEO #3
These courses are part of the Transportation Operations Pathway in the Transportation, Distribution & Logistics Career Cluster.
Within each cluster, there are multiple career pathways that represent a common set of skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a full range of career opportunities within that pathway. Career Clusters that relate to instruction in trade and industrial education include:
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- Also see Career Clusters main page