See K-12 Computer Science Standards of Learning for more information about the proposed standards.
Computer Science Resources
- Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA)
- Expanding Computer Education Pathways (ECEP) Alliance
- 2016 Virginia Acts of Assembly Item 138, page 117 – Information regarding the funding appropriation related to computer science training and infrastructure
- CSTA [INTERIM] K–12 Computer Science Standards
- K12CS Computer Science
- Framework-This is a PDF document. (PDF)
- Downloads – Framework resources, handouts and presentations, concepts and practices, and meeting summaries
- Proposed K-12 Computer Science Standards of Learning-This is a PDF document. (PDF)
- Breaking the Code on a Career in Cybersecurity Video Series – The Virginia Space Grant Consortium has developed a new, free video series that provide background on the importance of cybersecurity in our computer and data-driven world. Read the April 18, 2017, press release (Word) for more information.
Contact Timothy Ellis, Computer Science and Virtual Learning Specialist, by email or by phone at 804-225-3489 with questions about Computer Science. Questions about the Computer Science Standards of Learning can also be sent to VACSStandards@doe.virginia.gov.