High School English & Reading Instructional Resources
- Curriculum Frameworks
- Enhanced Scope & Sequence
- Test Blueprints
- Released Tests
- Writing Practice Tool
- Performance Expectations
In addition to the standards, curriculum frameworks, enhanced scope and sequence guides, test blueprints and released tests, other high school instructional resources include:
- Project Graduation English: Reading Skills (PDF) – reading modules on comprehension strategies using both nonfiction and informational texts from Web-based resources.
- Project Graduation English: Writing Skills (PDF) – writing modules with strategies for developing strong essays that include examples of activities using Virginias three-domain rubric: composing; written expression; usage and mechanics.
- Online Writing Resources – teaching strategies and lesson plans, video links, SOL progression charts, graphic organizers, and resource links to assist teachers at all grade levels in the instruction of the writing process. Beginning with the 2013 spring administration of grades 5, 8, and end-of-course Standards of Learning (SOL) writing assessments, Virginia students will complete all direct writing tests online.
- Writing Practice Items and Guides
- Thinkfinity – collection of websites covering core-curricular areas with standards-based lesson plans, student interactives and other resources
Additional English & Reading Resources
- Instructional and assessment, resources, professional development & organizations
- Elementary instructional resources
- Middle school instructional resources