The Virginia Department of Education has completed an initiative to develop world language instructional activities with connections to English and/or history and social science. These instructional activities are sample lessons developed by world language teachers throughout the Commonwealth and are intended to serve as models for various instructional strategies. They correlate the Standards of Leaning for French, German, Latin, and Spanish with those in English and/or history and social science, and include instructional models for beginning, intermediate and advanced levels of world language study.
The instructional activities are grouped by language and topic. Language levels and connections between the Standards of Learning are identified in each lesson, and each lesson can be adapted to meet the needs of the students.
- Fairfax County Public Schools - PALS: Performance Assessment for Language Students
- Portfolio Assessment in the Foreign Language Classroom - forms
- Oral Presentation Rubric
- Rubric Builder
- Center for Global Teaching & Learning - Assessment Tasks
- The Teacher Resource Center - Univ. of Montana School of Education
- Rubric Links for Evaluation/Assessment
- Resources for You...
- Teach-nology Rubric
VDOE expresses appreciation to the Virginia educators for their contributions and commitment to this project.