Standard Diploma Credit Accommodations
The Board of Education has approved Guidelines for Standard Diploma Credit Accommodations for Students with Disabilities to provide alternatives for these students in meeting the requirements for a Standard Diploma. Direct questions about credit accommodations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit accommodations provide alternatives for students with disabilities in earning the standard and verified credits required to graduate with a Standard Diploma.
Credit accommodations for students with disabilities may include:
- Alternative courses to meet the standard credit requirements
- Modifications to the requirements for locally awarded verified credits
- Additional tests approved by the Board of Education for earning verified credits
- Adjusted cut scores on tests for earning verified credits
- Allowance of work-based learning experiences through career and technical education (CTE) courses
While credit accommodations provide alternate pathways and flexibility, students receiving accommodations must earn the 22 standard credits and six verified credits required to graduate with a Standard Diploma. In contrast, only 20 standard credits and 0 verified credits are required for the Modified Standard Diploma.
|Comparison of Credit Requirements:
Standard Diploma vs. Modified Standard Diploma
|Subject or Course||Standard
|History & Social Sciences||3||1||2||0|
|Health & Physical Education||2||0||2||0|
|Foreign Language, Fine Arts or Career & Technical Education||2||0||1||0|
|Economics and Personal Finance||1||0||0||0|
|Board-approved career or industry credential||Required||Not Required|
|Virtual course||Required||Not Required|
Credit accommodations are not available for the Advanced Studies Diploma.
Resources to assist special education directors, division directors of testing, school counselors, and Individualized Education Program (IEP) teams are available:
- Guidelines for Standard Diploma Credit Accommodations for Students with Disabilities (PDF)
- FAQ: Guidelines for Standard Diploma Credit Accommodations for Students with Disabilities (PDF)
- Sample Eligibility Form (Word)
- Sample Transition Individualized Education Program (IEP) Form (Word)
- Play Video (MP4) – Standard Diploma Credit Accommodations for Students with Disabilities Webinar
- FAQ: Additional Guidance on Credit Accommodations for Students with Disabilities July 2013 (PDF)