Project Graduation provides remedial instruction and assessment opportunities for students at risk of not meeting the commonwealth’s diploma requirements. Project Graduation includes remedial academies during the school year and summer.
Related Modules & Tests
- Virginia Electronic Practice Assessment Tool (ePAT)
- Released Tests for the Virginia Standards of Learning Assessments
- English Reading/Writing Modules have been updated to align with the current English Standards are Learning and are included in the English Enhanced Scope and Sequence. Additional resources can be found on the English Standards of Learning Web page
- Mathematics Instructional Resources
The General Assembly provides funding through Project Graduation for academies for high school students who need additional instruction in preparation for SOL tests in all content areas, including assessments required to earn verified credit toward the Modified Standard Diploma. Academies are conducted during the summer and during the school year, and include multiple opportunities for retesting.
2013-14 Project Graduation Academic Year Academy
- Project Graduation Academic Year Academy Grants – Superintendent’s Memo #259-13, Sept. 27, 2013
- 2013-14 Academic Year Budget Template (XLS)
2013 Project Graduation Summer Academy
- Substitute Tests for Earning Verified Credit (PDF) – Students may earn verified credits toward graduation by passing substitute assessments approved by the Board of Education. These assessments include AP tests, SAT II tests, IB tests and other examinations.
- Guidelines for the Read-aloud/Audio Accommodation on the Standards of Learning (SOL) Reading Tests and the Virginia Grade Level Alternative (VGLA) for Reading – Superintendent's Memo, Informational #235, Oct. 27, 2006