Professional Development Resources
VDOE continues to provide professional development for school divisions and teachers to support the implementation of the 2009 Mathematics Standards of Learning. School divisions and teachers are encouraged to utilize the professional development resources to improve student achievement through quality instruction.
- Curriculum Frameworks
- Enhanced Scope & Sequence Guides
- Test Blueprints
- Released Tests and
- Practice Items
- outlined the content standard changes from the 2001 Mathematics SOL to the 2009 Mathematics SOL (2009);
- supported district leaders and teachers in the implementation of the 2009 Mathematics SOL (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012);
- provided training in the vertical progression of content and pedagogy (2010);
- provided instructional guidance in content areas of greatest challenge (2010);
- provided professional development resources focused on facilitating students' mathematical understanding through problem solving, communication, and reasoning (2011);
- provided online professional development tools focused on the use of formative assessment resources to drive instructional decisions (2012); and
- provided online professional development tools focused on analysis and modification of existing resources to match student learning expectations and promote problem solving (2013).