Physical education provides students with the knowledge, processes, and skills to become physically educated, physically fit and responsible in their physical activity choices and behaviors for a lifetime. Virginia's standards for physical education are grouped into five strands: skilled movement, movement principles and concepts, personal fitness, responsible behaviors and physically active lifestyle. The standards in each strand are sequenced to progress in complexity from grade level to grade level.
- Nutrition & Physical Activity Best Practices Database – Research and share information about successful programs and local efforts to improve the well being of students and promote healthy lifestyles.
- Walk Smart, Virginia!
- K-12 Physical Education SOL Technical Education Guide (PDF)
- Heart Healthy Resources for Schools: Nutrition and Physical Activitiy Guide (PDF)
- Governor's Physical Activity Awards Program brochure (PDF)
- Virginia's Wellness-Related Fitness Testing Program
- Report: Fitness Data State Summaries
- Girls on the Run
- Physical Activity and Health: A Report of the Surgeon General
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agenncy SunWise Program
- American Alliance of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD)
- Virginia Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (VAHPERD)