Going for Water – Classroom Assessment Suggestions
Classroom Assessment Suggestions
Opportunities to assess student performance include:
- Group discussion of the poem "Going for Water," by Robert Frost (see Resources), and answers on the Study Guide for Robert Frost's "Going for Water" PDF • Word
- Predicted water weights: the predictions should become closer to actual as you go down the list if students are applying what they learn as each new volume is weighed.
- Correct ordering of volumes from least to greatest
- Accurate measurement of time, using stopwatches
- Correct calculations of average time, number of gallons used in a day, and time needed to haul that much water