Going for Water – Extensions for Students
Extensions for Students
- Read "Raven Brings Freshwater" (see Resources) and write a legend about Freshwater.
- Read rain poetry and stories (see Resources).
- At home, time showers and calculate number of gallons used.
- Calculate how many gallons per minute run from a faucet by letting it run for one minute into a large pot and then measuring this water, using the appropriate volume containers.
- If you are on municipal water at your school, ask the principal for a copy of the school's water bill. Note how many gallons were used in a month and the cost for the water. Start a water conservation campaign in school, making posters to advertise it. Then look at the next month's bill to see if any water was saved.