Grasses, Grasses Everywhere – Extensions for Students
Extensions for Students
- See Who Killed SAV? lesson plan.
- Participate in the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Bay Grasses in the Classes Restoration Program.
- Examine underwater grass and grass from the schoolyard under a microscope to observe similarities and differences in greater detail.
- Write a story from the perspective of a blade of grass (either in the schoolyard or underwater) illustrating the role that blade of grass plays in its ecosystem.
- Illustrate the Who Killed SAV? (.pdf only) booklet as a means of demonstrating comprehension of the text.
- Create a simple Venn diagram comparing and contrasting schoolyard grass with underwater grasses.