Journey of a Raindrop – Resources
- Bour, Laura. The River. First Discovery Book. Paris: Gallimard Jeunesse, 1992. New York: Cartwheel Books-Scholastic, 1993. ISBN 0590471287.
- "Building an Outdoor Classroom." Project Action Guide. Lessons from the Bay.
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation and Maryland Dept. of Natural Resources. "Going with the Flow." Bay Grasses in Classes.
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation. "Your Virginia Watershed." Watershed Action for Virginia's Environment (WAVE).
(See <http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=edu_educators_curriculum_va_index>, or contact the Virginia Office: Capitol Place, 1108 E. Main Street, Suite 1600, Richmond, VA 23219; phone 804-780-1392.)
- "Mapping the Schoolyard." Project Action Guide. Lessons from the Bay.
- Ramsay, Helena. Rivers and Lakes. London: Children's Press of Grolier Publishing, 1997. ISBN 0516202375.
- Telford, Carole, and Rod Theodorou. Down a River. Amazing Journeys. Heineman Library, 1998. ISBN 157721538.
- United States. Dept. of the Interior. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Schoolyard Habitat Project Guide. <http://www.fws.gov/r5cbfo/habitatguide.pdf>. (Chapter 3, "Wetland Habitat Project," includes "What Are Stormwater Management Ponds?" on page 78. For more information about the Schoolyard Habitat program, see <http://www.fws.gov/r5cbfo/schoolyd.htm>.)
- United States. Environmental Protection Agency. Surf Your Watershed. <http://cfpub.epa.gov/surf/locate/index.cfm>.
- "Using Maps." Project Action Guide. Lessons from the Bay.
- Virginia Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts. "What's Your Watershed Address?" Watershed Connections. (See <http://www.vaswcd.org/eduprogs.htm>.)
- Virginia Atlas and Gazetteer: topographic maps of the entire state, back roads and recreation areas. Delorme Mapping Company, 1995. (See <http://www.delorme.com/atlasgaz/>.)
- Virginia. Dept. of Transportation. Virginia Official State Transportation Map. <http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/maps-state.asp>.
- "Where Does Water Go?" Let's Explore and Research Nature (LEARN). (Environmental education lesson plans for field trips to Lake Anna State Park. Contact Lake Anna State Park: 540-854-5503.)
- Woodard, Kathy. "Raindrop to the Bay" (.ppt) Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. 2001. Lessons from the Bay.