Riparian Buffers – Resources
- Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay. "Backyard Streamside Buffers – Have You No Shame?" <http://www.acb-online.org/backyardbuffers.cfm>.
- "Build Your Own Rain Garden." Project Action Guide. Lessons from the Bay.
- "Building an Outdoor Classroom." Project Action Guide. Lessons from the Bay.
- Center for Subtropical Agroforestry. "Riparian Buffers." Agroforestry Information System. Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida. <http://cstaf.ifas.ufl.edu/riparianbuff.htm>.
- Chesapeake Bay Program. Riparian Forest Buffers. <http://www.chesapeakebay.net/ripar1.htm>.
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation. "Bay Buffers," "Riparian Forests: The Final Frontier." Watershed Action for Virginia's Environment (WAVE).
(See <http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=edu_educators_curriculum_va_index>, or contact the Virginia Office: Capitol Place, 1108 E. Main Street, Suite 1600, Richmond, VA 23219; phone 804-780-1392.)
- Connecticut River Joint Commission. Riparian Buffers for the Connecticut River Valley. <http://www.crjc.org/riparianbuffers.htm>.
- Conservation Trees for your Farm, Family & Future. Booklet. The National Arbor Day Foundation. (See <http://www.arborday.org/dmerchdetail.cfm?id=42>.)
- The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Limited. "Using Poplars and Willows to Reduce Nitrate Leaching from Dairy Shed Effluent." <http://www.hortresearch.co.nz/projects/dairyeffluent/>.
- Iowa State University Forestry Extension. "Buffer Strips for Riparian Zones." <http://www.forestry.iastate.edu/ext/buffstrips.html>.
- Merwin, Miles. "'Working' Buffer Strips Provide Both Profit and Protection for Oregon Farm." Temperate Agroforester (July 1997). Association for Temperate Agroforestry, University of Missouri. <http://www.missouri.edu/~afta/About_AF/TAarticles/Arts_Buf.html>.
- United States. Environmental Protection Agency. "Ecolotree Stream Buffer Filters Runoff, Provides Cash Crop." Nonpoint Source NewsNotes: Notes on the Agricultural Environment 44 (Jan.-Feb. 1996). <http://www.epa.gov/owowwtr1/info/NewsNotes/issue44/ag2.html#Ecolotree>.
- United States. Dept. of Agriculture. Natural Resources Conservation Service. National Water and Climate Center. Riparian Forest Buffers. <http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/watershed/riprarian-forest-buffers.html>.
- "Using the Library Media Center for Project Research." Project Action Guide. Lessons from the Bay.
- "Using the World Wide Web for Project Research." Project Action Guide. Lessons from the Bay.
- Virginia. Dept. of Forestry. "Riparian Forest Buffers–Introduction." <http://www.dof.state.va.us/rfb/rfb-intro.shtml>.
- Virginia Save Our Streams. <http://www.sosva.com/>.