A River Runs through It Extensions for Students
Extensions for Students
- On a field trip to a local stream, creek, or river, assess the land use along the waterway, and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Research best practices in land management (See Using the Library Media Center for Project Research and Using the World Wide Web for Project Research in the Project Action Guide).
- Write a story about water as it flows down a river in your area. Study maps to determine land use practices along the river.
- Perform activities from the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's and Maryland Dept. of Natural Resources' "Schoolyard Report Card" lesson in Bay Grasses in Classes.
- Write a letter to the principal recommending improvements in land use practices in the schoolyard.
- See Build Your Own Rain Garden in the Project Action Guide.