Online Provider Application
Applications for the 2013-2014 school year may be submitted beginning January 2, 2013. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on February 1, 2013.
An application must be completed by each provider seeking approval to become a multidivision online provider. Applications must include all the information requested by the Virginia Department of Education and in the form and by the date requested. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Virginia Department of Education will provide the applicant with a written decision regarding the approval or denial of the application within 45 business days of the close of the application period.
Providers will be approved generally, but each course they wish to provide must be aligned with Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) and Career and Technical Education Competencies where applicable. Course titles must include the SOL or CTE Competency. For each approved provider, a list of approved courses will also be made available. Previously approved providers may choose to submit additional courses for approval during the application window.
Local school boards in Virginia, if they so desire, may enter into contracts with any approved multidivision online provider to provide approved, courses. Elective courses may also be provided if there are no Virginia standards or competencies for the subject.
The application consists of four separate parts. Applicable forms showing Virginia SOL or CTE Competency alignment for all courses that are being submitted for approval should also be completed (see correlation forms below). Two hard copies of the completed application and all supplemental material must be submitted to:
Mark R. Saunders
Educational Technology Specialist
Virginia Department of Education
101 North 14th Street
James Monroe Building
Richmond, Virginia 23219
In addition, all parts and supplemental material must be submitted as e-mail attachments in the specified format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on February 1, 2013. To make the process as efficient as possible, each part of the application should be sent separately. Supplemental materials may be sent together or separately – e-mail attachments should not exceed 5 MB.
- Application Instructions (Word) – This document contains tips for completing the multidivision online provider application.
- Application Part I: Affidavit (Word) – This form must be printed, signed, scanned and e-mailed as a PDF.
- Application Part II: Program Profile (Word) – This form must be completed and returned as an e-mail attachment.
- Application Part III: Program Requirements (Word) – This form must be completed and returned as an e-mail attachment along with the requested documents in PDF.
- Application Part IV: Program Description (Word) – This form must be completed and returned as an e-mail attachment.
- SOL Correlation Forms – Applicable forms should be completed and returned as e-mail attachments.
- Career and Technical Education Competency Correlation Forms – Applicable forms should be completed and returned as e-mail attachments.
- Procedures for Submission and Review of the Multidivision Online Provider Application (PDF)
- Criteria for Approval of Multidivision Online Providers (PDF)
- Application Review Rubric (PDF) (for VDOE personnel use)