Educational Technology Notes
Proceeds from five-year Educational Technology Notes issued by the Virginia Public School Authority (VPSA) are distributed to school divisions and regional programs to improve the instructional, remedial, and testing capabilities of the SOL in local school divisions and to increase the number of schools achieving full accreditation. Proceeds of the Series XI notes are provided to:
- Establish a computer-based instructional and testing system for the SOL;
- Develop the capability for high speed Internet connectivity at high schools followed by middle schools and then in elementary schools; and
- Administer 100 percent of high school SOL tests online by fiscal year 2011, 100 percent of middle school SOL tests online by fiscal year 2012, and 100 percent of elementary school SOL tests online by fiscal year 2013.
Series XI grants to school divisions are based on $26,000 per eligible school and $50,000 per school division. Eligible schools include those reporting fall membership as of September 30, 2010 as well as regional vocational, special education, and alternative education centers, academic year Governor’s Schools, and the Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind in Staunton. Schools that serve only pre-kindergarten students are not eligible for this grant. Starting with Series XI, supplemental grants of $26,000 are provided to support schools that are not fully accredited. For more information, see Superintendent’s Memo #146-13.
- Series XIII (PDF) – Spring 2013
- Series XII (PDF) – Spring 2012
- Series XI (PDF) – Spring 2011
- Series X (PDF) – Spring 2010
- Series IX (PDF) – Spring 2009
Payments to school divisions and regional centers are on a reimbursement basis only. School divisions and regional centers must first complete payments for the qualifying equipment purchased and then file a reimbursement request with VDOE, using the forms below. For more information, see Superintendent’s Memo #146-13.
- Series XIII – Spring 2013 (XLS)
- Series XII – Spring 2012 (XLS)
- Series XI – Spring 2011 (XLS)
- Series X – Spring 2010 (XLS)
- Series IX – Spring 2009 (XLS)
Sample Reimbursement Resolution (PDF) – For use by school boards and boards of eligible regional programs
Supplemental Grant Application Forms for Eligible Schools
Starting with Series XI, supplemental grants of $26,000 are provided to support schools that are not fully accredited. For additional information on the schools that qualify to receive these grants see Superintendent’s Memo #146-13.
- Supplemental Grant Series XIII – Spring 2013 (Word) – Updated May 24, 2013
Withdrawal Instructions Form
School divisions and regional programs provide bank routing numbers and account numbers directly to the State Non-Arbitrage Program (SNAP) before SNAP executes the actual payment of proceeds from Educational Technology Notes to the school division or regional program.
- SNAP VPSA Technology Notes Withdrawal Instructions Form – Use this form to make changes to wire instructions previously submitted to SNAP prior to requesting any further reimbursements.